Wednesday 9 December 2009

What have I learned of love?

Love does not need to be found, it surrounds us. It is everywhere, in everyone, in every moment; people just don’t look closely enough.

Love is nowhere near blind. Infatuation is blind. I think most people get these two mixed up quite frequently. Love is noticing everything about someone, seeing every imperfection, memorizing their expressions, realizing that everyone has flaws, but choosing them anyway.

Love should never be an accident. It should be a conscious decision to step off that cliff and pray to God that you’re caught. There should be no hesitation, no second guessing, just a full on commitment.

To love with everything you have, that is bravery in its truest form.

Love never ends. Once you’ve taken that leap, you can’t decide you want to turn around and go back. You never stop loving someone, no matter how hard you might try. They will always be a part of you, even if you don’t speak to them for 50 years and have found happiness with someone else.
.

1 comment:

_owner said...

I'd like you to translate the last post in my blog. I had a fight with my friend, and I think I'm inspired! hahahaha By the way, really like your point of view about love.